Travel Recommendations

We recommend all foreign delegates (speakers & participants) to apply for a B1 Business visa.

If you are also planning on doing some travel and tourism in addition to the conference, then also file for a B2 Tourism visa. Often, the visa will be issued as a combination B-1/B-2 visa so a person may engage in both activities while in the US.

For details, see the US State Department’s US Visa Portal and check with your local consulate.

Letter of Invitation

Invitation letters take the Software Freedom Conservancy 3-5 business days to process, though we may be able to expedite this when required. To request an invitation letter, please send the following information to

– Preferred title (Ms., Mr., Dr., Mx., etc.)
– Your name exactly as it appears on your passport.
– Date of birth
– Passport number
– Mailing address
– the Agency the invitation letter should be addressed to (e.g., XYZ Embassy or Consulate for ??, Country ABC”)

Get your tickets here

If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.