Selenium WebDriver v4 was released in October, 2021. This version of Selenium WebDriver brings new features and capabilities for automation. At the same time, there are some features that are now deprecated and changed.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, this workshop is for you!
- Want to automate tests for your web application(s) using WebDriver, but don’t know where to start?
- Want to migrate from Selenium v3 to Selenium v4, but don’t know how to proceed, or the impact of the migration?
- I am able to use basic Selenium capabilities. I want learn and implement advanced capabilities and best practices for web automation?
This practical, hands-on, course is designed to help automation engineers with all levels of experience. All attendees will leave with working Selenium WebDriver code on their machines and many techniques to successfully use the Selenium WebDriver API in their own context.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
In this session, we will go through the following topics:
- Selenium WebDriver Architecture (15 min)
- New features since Selenium 3 (30 min)
- Hands-on exercises:
- Selenium 4 Capabilities (30 min)
- Finding Elements (15 min)
- Locators (including using the SelectorsHub extension)
- Shadow roots
- Element State (15 min)
- Element Interaction (60 min)
- Text input
- Buttons / images / links
- Action inputs – keyboards, pointers and scroll wheels
- Browser Contexts (Windows / tabs / frames) (15 min)
- Browser Interactions (15 min)
- WebDriverBuilder & Augmenter (15 min)
- Event Listeners (15 min)
- WebDriver BiDi (30 min)
- Waits (60 min)
- Test Strategy & Frameworks (90 min)
- What / how to test
- Maintenance costs
- Page objects
- Data objects
- Object wrappers
- What’s next?
- Learn the new features and changes in Selenium 4
- Know your migration path for Selenium 3 to Selenium 4
- Implementation experience for various Selenium features, including the new Selenium 4 features
- Navigating the Selenium landscape to find information on your own
Selenium users who want to get more out of their test code.
Prerequisites for Attendees
- The workshop will be taught in Java as the programming language
- Below are the software prerequisites for the workshop: